Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Do as I say, not as I do

It was bound to be noted clearly, sooner or later. Since I...More......rarely use a stitching frame, as I previously mentioned, it's obvious that my finished needlepoints come out a bit skewed, and really need to be straightened ("blocked").

Those of you with sharp eyes already will have noted this, looking at the examples of my work, finished but not yet blocked, sewn up, or framed. Those of you with really sharp eyes and some practice will realize that they are quite skewed, and that it will be difficult to get them 100% straight.

Try as I might to loosen my stitch, it must be on the tight side, which, through the pulling action, causes the slant. If you can get used to working on a frame, it's much better. If you can't, try keeping your stitches relatively loose, but consistent. If only I could practice what I preach....

1 comment:

Susan said...

This has always been my problem too! I am a little happier with a hoop but it is so cumbersome as to ruin the fun, to an extent. I thought i was the only one who sneaks around stitching without the hoop!

it is tricky to keep the stiches even, but i figure that it just adds charachter to the piece.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...