Monday, January 16, 2012

Milan Monday: a beautiful capital from via Manzoni


Looking for a classicizing capital to top off something in a design, or just make a lovely horizontal pillow, or decoration? Well, here you go!...More......

I developed today's design--free for your personal non-commercial stitching pleasure--out of my own photo of a façade on via Manzoni in Milan. I captured the detail of my photo that I wanted, then I uploaded it into the handy StitchPainter program, forcing the size and shape that I wanted (you CAN do this, but you also can let the photo upload as it will).

The capital has the ancient Greek (handed down through the Renaissance) ionic order scroll curls gussied up with a 19th century taste for decoration.

For more info about the building, and a picture of the whole façade, see my post in my "My Milan (Italy)" blog: http://mymilanitaly.blogspot.com/2012/01/via-manzoni-9.html.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Check your e-mail for my comment...Fran

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...